Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Erratum, in which I expose myself as an arse and apologize

If you read my latest post yesterday (07/26/2011) you may have been sharp enough, as indeed my wife was, to notice an odd phrase at the beginning.


For those of you who missed it, including myself, did you catch it this time? Here, take another look:



Ugh! First, not "fist." First! Shit. Paging Dr. Freud...

This mistake was brought to my attention last night as my wife and I were relaxing; me watching the evening news, my wife surfing the Internets on her laptop. At one point my wife said to me, "I just made a funny comment on your blog post. You wrote 'This fist appeared as an email' so I said, 'Which one; your right or your left' ha ha!"

My response to this lighthearted jab was typical, "What? No. Goddammit. Stupid. Argh, I hate it when I do that." Of course, a better response would have been, "Ha ha! Go ahead. I'll write a comment about Freudian slips or something." Instead I covertly edited the post, hoping that no one else would have realized the mistake. It was only after I had done so that I noticed my wife had chosen not to post the comment after all, most likely due to my reaction the night before. I am a colossal dick. 

I hate making mistakes. Those who know me, know this all too well; but to have something as insignificant as this upset me; well that's just asinine. The irony in this is that I had asked my sister if I could edit her email for spelling before I posted it. Shit, I appreciate irony and I missed the opportunity to run with it. Therefore I am taking this opportunity to first, apologize to my wife for being an overly sensitive moron, and second, to pledge to myself and others to accept my mistakes with good humour and proper humility, because it is though our mistakes that we truly grow, something, something, opportunity, insight, et cetera.

Oh, and to answer my wife's question, the right one.

No comments: