Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Confessions of a reluctant runner. Part 3, [addendum]

Well, I ran my half-marathon and came in at 1:54:19.  It was a beautiful day, but the roads were icy as all hell. Each step was an open invitation to slip, a fall, or a severe groin pull.  Given the shite conditions, I am pleased with my showing.  I had a great time and although my legs were complaining by the end, my cardio was none the worse for wear, which is always encouraging.  The introduction to music via my new iPod made a significant difference in the enjoyment of the run.  I also did my best to keep positive throughout the run, disregarding my self-perceived ranking (although there was there was that one guy whom I passed earlier and who subsequently passed me by the half-way mark.  I was irked by that, but I chatted with him after the race and felt better for doing so.)

So with another winter half-marathon in the books, I look forward to the full marathon in the summer.  To say that my showing last summer was a disappointment would be a grotesque understatement, and as such I have a score to settle with the road; and while I may be out for revenge, I am not out for blood.

No comments: